HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   zoom 56k modem (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=961)

Jim Turner August 28th 03 02:34 PM

zoom 56k modem

On 28 Aug 2003 05:17:03 -0700, (terry) wrote:

I have written a program by delphi 5 with varian async component. The
program is used to communicate with a device which operates on baud
9600 with a 56K modem (Device side). I find that the program is ok
with a lot of modems at PC side, but for Zoom 56k modem (PC side),
though connection can be made, I find that the device side modem
receive data but do not response.

I want to ask why this happens?

I have tried to modify the program so that the connection is exactly
connect with speed 9600. This time the device response but I cannot
get the data at the PC side. Moreover, I find that the RD LED on the
Zoom 56K modem (PC side)do not flash.

This make me very frustrating. Could anyone help me?

What model of Zoom modem is it? If it a "Win"modem, you have more
limited ways that you can communicate with it.