HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   RAM upgrade (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=133188)

msim20 August 4th 06 11:19 PM

RAM upgrade

I want to add RAM to my existing computer. I do keep a lot of programs
open at any given time and would love to be able to switch between them
at a faster pace. Now the million dollar question is whether my MoBo
can handle the RAM that is available.

Here are the specs of my current machine:
intel pentium 2.53GHz processor and 640MB of RAM.
ASUS P4R800VDELUXE
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 7 GenuineIntel ~2539 Mhz

Any advise as to which RAM I can buy? Thanks!

Kenny August 5th 06 12:09 AM

RAM upgrade

Crucial memory advisor and enter your m/b model, it will tel you what you
can put in it.
http://www.crucial.com/

--
Kenny Cargill

ups.com...

Mike Walsh August 5th 06 03:55 PM

RAM upgrade

This motherboard uses 266 Mhz to 400 Mhz DIMMs. Four DIMMs up to 1 GB each. You should not have any problem finding these at a good price.

msim20 wrote:

I want to add RAM to my existing computer. I do keep a lot of programs
open at any given time and would love to be able to switch between them
at a faster pace. Now the million dollar question is whether my MoBo
can handle the RAM that is available.

Here are the specs of my current machine:
intel pentium 2.53GHz processor and 640MB of RAM.
ASUS P4R800VDELUXE
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 7 GenuineIntel ~2539 Mhz

Any advise as to which RAM I can buy? Thanks!

--
Mike Walsh
West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.

msim20 August 5th 06 05:16 PM

RAM upgrade

Mike Walsh wrote:
This motherboard uses 266 Mhz to 400 Mhz DIMMs. Four DIMMs up to 1 GB each. You should not have any problem finding these at a good price.

Thanks! Then I will lookout for PC3200 memory and buy it.