HardwareBanter

-   Overclocking AMD Processors (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Arctic Cooling MX-2 Thermal Compound, any source yet? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=155523)

rms[_2_] August 19th 07 01:23 AM

Arctic Cooling MX-2 Thermal Compound, any source yet?

I've read various positive reviews of this stuff, and want to try it out.
Does anyone know of a US dealer for it? thx!

rms

Chris S August 21st 07 07:10 PM

Arctic Cooling MX-2 Thermal Compound, any source yet?

"rms" wrote in message
. net...
I've read various positive reviews of this stuff, and want to try it out.
Does anyone know of a US dealer for it? thx!

rms

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...he rmal+paste

Chris

rms[_2_] August 23rd 07 08:51 AM

Arctic Cooling MX-2 Thermal Compound, any source yet?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...he rmal+paste

Ya thanks, I saw it on jab-tech.com and ordered there. I'm going to try
it on this coolermaster geminii and report the results.

rms

Cal Vanize August 25th 07 06:10 AM

rms wrote:
I've read various positive reviews of this stuff, and want to try it out.
Does anyone know of a US dealer for it? thx!

rms

Try AutoZone. Get some axle grease. Works as good or better. Doesn't
break down with heat (at the amount a CPU gives off) or pressure, flows
to bridge all the micro-gaps and is designed to conduct heat across
those micro-gaps.

It doesn't form a cured bond that could break and reduce heat conducting
qualities. Also makes CPU upgrade / change a lot easier.

Been using is for years and it works great.