HardwareBanter

-   UK Computer Vendors (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Laptop vendors (Acer Aspire) (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=149002)

BitsAndBob April 8th 07 02:55 PM

Laptop vendors (Acer Aspire)

I'm about to buy a new laptop - probably an Acer Aspire 5685WLMi. This
is available for about £975 inc. P&P from the following online
vendors:

www.pc-development.co.uk
www.lamda-tek.com
www.technoshack.co.uk / www.tradecomputer.co.uk (both run by DB
Computers)
ww.it247.com (probably the best Ts and Cs)
www.laptopshop.co.uk
www.shopacer.co.uk (offer a pixel check - albeit at extra cost)
www.shopmagenta.com
www.dacomputers.com

Any of these that are particularly recommended or best avoided? I
haven't dealt with any of them before...

Most other vendors want an extra £100 or so for this laptop.
Apparently Comet was doing them for about £350 less! But I didn't find
out until too late. And I think it's still a decent spec. for sensible
money.

Other recommendations of vendors or laptops (or both) welcome. The
sort of laptop spec. I'm looking for is: Core2Duo 2GHz (T7200), 2GB
RAM, 160GB 5400RPM HD, 15.4" screen, PCMCIA, etc.

And if anyone got one those bargains at Comet and no longer wants it,
give me a shout! ;-)

Thanks,

Bob

aquazur-dra April 14th 07 10:17 PM

Laptop vendors (Acer Aspire)

Try ebay ??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acer-Aspire-56...QQcmdZViewItem

oups.com...

BitsAndBob April 15th 07 02:53 PM

Laptop vendors (Acer Aspire)

Thanks. Yeah, that's already on my watch list. :-)

Dr Teeth April 16th 07 01:46 AM

Laptop vendors (Acer Aspire)

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when "aquazur-dra"
opened his gob and said:

Other recommendations of vendors or laptops (or both) welcome.

www.rockdirect.com 7 day no quibble return and 3 year C&R (insurance
backed) guarantee. They also supply a FULL OS disk, not a recovery
disk - could not find anybody else who did this.

--
Cheers,

Guy

[email protected] May 31st 07 11:08 PM

Laptop vendors (Acer Aspire)

opened his gob and said:

Other recommendations of vendors or laptops (or both) welcome.

www.rockdirect.com7 day no quibble return and 3 year C&R (insurance
backed) guarantee. They also supply a FULL OS disk, not a recovery
disk - could not find anybody else who did this.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Wow

that's fantastic to know .. Unfortunately, they don't do many
laptops ..
A company that sold laptops - including fanless ones - with a 7 day no
quibble money back guarantee, would be perfect. It's a nuisance if
you want a completely silent laptop and you buy it and it isn't
completely silent. Or, isn't as silent as I want it to be.