HardwareBanter

-   Dell Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Dell Dimension 8100 won't start - blinking yellow ligh (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=61589)

The Hedonist January 21st 04 02:25 PM

Dell Dimension 8100 won't start - blinking yellow ligh

No Boot No Post is usuallu a PSU problem
"Steve W." wrote in message
Open the case, pull out the cards,memory and reseat all connections, One
probably got knocked loose during the move. Also check the CPU and make
sure it is seated.

--
Steve W.
Life is not like a box of chocolates

"Ed" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
Hello,

I'm trying to fix my friend's computer but I'm not getting anywhere -

the
basic story is they were moving and the computer was transported in a

truck
along with other belongings (I know, bad idea). Once they got to

their new
place and started to set everything up, they discovered their computer
(Dimension 8100) will not start. If you connect the power cable to

it, it
starts blinking in a yellow colour. There's no other lights, no

noise, POST,
even the fan doesn't start turning - it's dead. Pressing reset button

changes
the light to green but nothing changes otherwise. From doing google

search
I've seen suggestions of replacing power supply - don't mind doing

that since
it's a cheap part but I wonde, if the power supply's dead, shouldn't I

be
getting completely nothing (i.e. not even blinking yellow light)?

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Another google search showed

someone
mentioning possibly loose video card - tried to remove and plug it

back in, no
luck.

thanks,

Ed