HardwareBanter

-   Printers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   HP 2100 TN vs HP 1200 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=167314)

[email protected] April 11th 08 04:25 AM

HP 2100 TN vs HP 1200

I've seena relatively cheap HP 2100 TN for sale locally.

Looking at the specs, it seems ideal for my needs.

Any opinions either way, on reliability, caveats?

For a similar price I could get a used HP 1200. That looks
considerably less robust, though again the raw specs are good. Are
these reliable?

Tony[_2_] April 11th 08 07:21 AM

HP 2100 TN vs HP 1200

" wrote:
I've seena relatively cheap HP 2100 TN for sale locally.

Looking at the specs, it seems ideal for my needs.

Any opinions either way, on reliability, caveats?

For a similar price I could get a used HP 1200. That looks
considerably less robust, though again the raw specs are good. Are
these reliable?

The 2100 is probably a better buy. They are easier to use and have a higher
capacity toner cartridge. They have a rear output tray unlike the 1200 and this
is good for heavier card stock especially if you use the multipurpose tray.
Check on the page count before you buy. (Press both buttons at once). If the
page count is high you may be in for a maintenance kit soon, these are
recommended at 150,000 pages for this printer.
Tony
MS MVP Printing/Imaging