HardwareBanter

-   Storage & Hardrives (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   1.8 internal HD compatibles (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=117095)

JaxDawg January 12th 06 03:38 PM

1.8 internal HD compatibles

I'm trying to replace a dead hard drive in my mp3 player (Creative Zen
touch). Its a 1.8" Hitachi 20gb (model HTC424020F7AT00). Since the
player is a few years old, I'm trying to find a replacement drive
pretty cheap. $130+ seems to be the going rate.
Are there any compatible drives that I may be able to find cheaper?
I've not had any luck in my search.
thanks for any help!

Paul Rubin January 12th 06 03:42 PM

1.8 internal HD compatibles

"JaxDawg" writes:

I'm trying to replace a dead hard drive in my mp3 player (Creative Zen
touch). Its a 1.8" Hitachi 20gb (model HTC424020F7AT00). Since the
player is a few years old, I'm trying to find a replacement drive
pretty cheap. $130+ seems to be the going rate.
Are there any compatible drives that I may be able to find cheaper?
I've not had any luck in my search.

No, the other mfgr of 1.8" drives is Toshiba and the connectors are
incompatible. But I've seen that Hitachi drive for less than $130.
Try zipzoomfly.com.

JaxDawg January 12th 06 06:28 PM

1.8 internal HD compatibles

Thanks! They have it for $91.... but of course, its out of stock...
keeping my fingers crossed that doesn't last long.