HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Need help with Bios, AST Ascentia 910n (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=480)

steven67@ July 25th 03 09:27 AM

Need help with Bios, AST Ascentia 910n

Kheir112 wrote:

Hey guys, maybe someone here can help me. I am not to familiar with
laptops, having mostly worked with and built desktop systems. I recently
bought an AST Ascentia 910n laptop, its only a 486, but, since I intend to use
it for writing, its exactly what I needed at the right price. However, I do
want some security, and would like to enable the bios lock, but I can't figure
out how to access the bios on this machine (I didn't get a manual with it). I
would appreciate any help, or advice, and yes, before anyone points it out, I
have tried searching for this info on the web. AST seems to be out of it or
something, another company seems to be handling thier stuff, no manuals though.

Thanks.

Kheir.

..

Stuff for old AST systems can be found he http://www.ari-service.com

Select your mobile system he http://www.ari-service.com/blender/cache/Mobile.htm

They say, to access CMOS setup at any time, use Fn + F2.