HardwareBanter

-   Asus Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   P4P800 deluxe slow boot problem (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=31378)

th February 14th 04 10:23 PM

P4P800 deluxe slow boot problem

Anyone know how to fix the slow boot problem (up to a minute) when the boots
"hangs" between the NVRAM check and the main RAM check. I've been trying to find
a solution to this problem that is reported in some places like
http://www.abxzone.com/forums/ and
http://www.techsupportforum.com/comp...orum/87-2.html

Enabling the fast boot option only saves a few seconds since the main RAM
executes faster and I haven't found another setting that affects the boot speed.
Changing BIOS from V1010 to V1015 only made the problem worse.

In the discussion fora above wild ideas, like disabling the floppy from the boot
process, turn up but this has no effect since the search for bootable devices
takes place _after_ the RAM test.

--
th

February 15th 04 02:38 PM

use cable selct jumper. Disable on-board LAN in BIOS if not using.

onegreenmonkey February 16th 04 12:43 AM

i also have this prob, boot takes up to 2mins, stops at 'checking
nvram'. have tried cable select and disabling all drives apart from
hdd. all bios versions are the same with this prob from 1010 to 1015.

Bouwe Zijlstra February 17th 04 01:08 PM

Hey, same here.
Long time waiting for Checking NVRAM, then neverending nothing.
Problem solved by changing USB2.0 hub to USB1.0 hub.
Well, no real solution, but it works....

Bo.

"onegreenmonkey" schreef in bericht
m...