HardwareBanter

-   Overclocking AMD Processors (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Unlock a week 39 or later AMD CPU (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=13215)

LBJGH January 1st 04 01:49 AM

Unlock a week 39 or later AMD CPU

I think the work-around amounts to converting the AthlonXP to an AthlonMP
and adjusting the multiplier in windows .... This work-around takes
advantage of AMD's PowerNow! feature.

Here is another article:
http://www.cpuheat.wz.cz/html/AXP_mu...Multiplier.htm

"Ed" wrote in message
I haven't read the article , but for those who have locked chips might
want to check it out.

http://www.ocworkbench.com/2004/guid...rtonwk43-1.htm

Cheers,
Ed
--
http://tinyurl.com/cu77

---

Zulu January 1st 04 06:57 PM

Ed wrote:
On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 01:49:35 GMT, "LBJGH"
wrote:

I think the work-around amounts to converting the AthlonXP to an
AthlonMP and adjusting the multiplier in windows .... This
work-around takes advantage of AMD's PowerNow! feature.

Here is another article:
http://www.cpuheat.wz.cz/html/AXP_mu...Multiplier.htm

Is the CPU multiplier still locked in the BIOS even after the mod?

Yes, and the tricks seems to be incompatible with NForce2 boards... :-(

Zulu