HardwareBanter

-   General Hardware (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   v.92/v.34 Modem stops responding after 5 minutes (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=70040)

Bo April 2nd 04 09:34 PM

v.92/v.34 Modem stops responding after 5 minutes

Hi, I recently purchased the cheap Cendyne v.92/v.34 external serial
mode. After 5 to 15 minutes of normal net access, all internet
activity behave as if I were disconnected from the net --- (browser
just "connecting to somesite.com ... " with no response). However, the
lower right icon indicating I m online is still present, and if I were
to pick up the phone, the line is still busy with typical 'connected'
noise.

My ISP uses regular dial up networking, which works fine by the way
with my desktop.
running w2k sp4

Amina April 5th 04 06:53 AM

(Bo) wrote in message . com...
Hi, I recently purchased the cheap Cendyne v.92/v.34 external serial
mode. After 5 to 15 minutes of normal net access, all internet
activity behave as if I were disconnected from the net --- (browser
just "connecting to somesite.com ... " with no response). However, the
lower right icon indicating I m online is still present, and if I were
to pick up the phone, the line is still busy with typical 'connected'
noise.

My ISP uses regular dial up networking, which works fine by the way
with my desktop.
running w2k sp4

reinstall the modem driver and check whether it is still disconnecting.

gumshoe99 April 14th 04 03:13 PM

You may have a noisy or poor phone line. That would cause this problem.