HardwareBanter

-   Creative Sound Blaster Cards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   most SB Live drivers restart my Windows XP (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=90126)

stargatenow June 27th 03 06:30 PM

most SB Live drivers restart my Windows XP

My system is:

Athlon XP 1700+
Abit KT7A-RAID MB (Via KT133A chipset)
640 MB RAM
SB Live 5.1
Geforce4 TI4200
win XP pro

If I install any of the SB Live drivers dated early 2002 or later the
system restarts by itself, usually when I try to play some sound from
the rear speakers. If I use drivers that came on the CD or the first
XP drivers (september 2001) it works but some games are slow
(Battlefield 1942).
Note that I have turned off automatic restarting of the Windows XP.
Tried all Via patches, latency patches...
What can be the problem?