HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Need to Know a Mail Order Company Name for Ordering Parts (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=18750)

Jay Chan January 20th 04 04:30 AM

Need to Know a Mail Order Company Name for Ordering Parts

I used to order quite a lot of computer parts from a mail order
company when I custom built my old PCs. But I forgot their name. Can
someone help me to bring back the memory? The name is something like
"Alco", "Anco", "A-something-co". Anyway, their name starts with 'A',
and ends with a may-be 'o'. They have a colorful mail order catelog
around 70 pages or so.

Thanks for any hint or link.

Jay Chan

Hank January 20th 04 05:53 AM

"Jay Chan" wrote in message
m...
I used to order quite a lot of computer parts from a mail order
company when I custom built my old PCs. But I forgot their name. Can
someone help me to bring back the memory? The name is something like
"Alco", "Anco", "A-something-co". Anyway, their name starts with 'A',
and ends with a may-be 'o'. They have a colorful mail order catelog
around 70 pages or so.

Thanks for any hint or link.

Jay Chan

Go to this site http://www.resellerratings.com/index.pl and you can look
through a list of online stores that start with the letter A.

Good Luck,

Hank

Jay Chan January 20th 04 04:51 PM

Go to this site http://www.resellerratings.com/index.pl and you can look
through a list of online stores that start with the letter A.

Thanks for the link.

Strangely, I cannot find it in the A-list. I am afraid that the mail
order company may have closed their door. Oh well... I guess this is
time for me to find a different mail order company.

Jay Chan

William W. Plummer January 20th 04 05:11 PM

www.pricewatch.com has a rating for each vendor. There are also comments
by recent customers. FWIW, www.newegg.com seems to have consistently high
ratings, good deals, and sometimes, free FedEx ground.

m...

LeeB18509 January 21st 04 01:47 AM

"Seabat" wrote in message
(Jay Chan) pawed at the keyboard to spell out:

I used to order quite a lot of computer parts from a mail order
company when I custom built my old PCs. But I forgot their name. Can
someone help me to bring back the memory? The name is something like
"Alco", "Anco", "A-something-co". Anyway, their name starts with 'A',
and ends with a may-be 'o'. They have a colorful mail order catelog
around 70 pages or so.

Thanks for any hint or link.

Jay Chan

Just a shot in the dark here, but could it be Allied?? Used to by a
whole load of parts and stuff from them, but don't know iffn they are
still in business. Try Googlin' 'em! (Say that 3 times fast!)

--
The Seabat

http://www.resellerratings.com/resel...rowse=a&page=4

Jay Chan January 21st 04 06:11 PM

FWIW, www.newegg.com seems to have consistently high
ratings, good deals, and sometimes, free FedEx ground.

OK, I will keep a note on this web site. Thanks.

Jay Chan

Jay Chan January 21st 04 06:13 PM

Just a shot in the dark here, but could it be Allied?? Used to by a
whole load of parts and stuff from them, but don't know iffn they are
still in business. Try Googlin' 'em! (Say that 3 times fast!)

No, I don't know anything about Allied, nor having purchased anything
from them. I must be getting old and losing memory...

Jay Chan

Ed Medlin January 22nd 04 12:20 PM

"Jay Chan" wrote in message
om...
Just a shot in the dark here, but could it be Allied?? Used to by a
whole load of parts and stuff from them, but don't know iffn they are
still in business. Try Googlin' 'em! (Say that 3 times fast!)

No, I don't know anything about Allied, nor having purchased anything
from them. I must be getting old and losing memory...

Jay Chan

www.zipzoomfly.com Used to be GoogleGear, is good and reliable too.

Ed

---

Jay Chan January 22nd 04 05:39 PM

Go to this site http://www.resellerratings.com/index.pl and you can look
through a list of online stores that start with the letter A.

Turn out the mail order company name should start with a 'D', not a
'A' (my kind of memory...). And I find it in the web site that you
have suggested. Thanks.

Jay Chan

LeeB18509 January 22nd 04 06:58 PM

"Seabat" wrote in message
"LeeB18509" pawed at the keyboard to
spell out:

"Seabat" wrote in message
.. .
(Jay Chan) pawed at the keyboard to spell out:

I used to order quite a lot of computer parts from a mail order
company when I custom built my old PCs. But I forgot their name. Can
someone help me to bring back the memory? The name is something like
"Alco", "Anco", "A-something-co". Anyway, their name starts with 'A',
and ends with a may-be 'o'. They have a colorful mail order catelog
around 70 pages or so.

Thanks for any hint or link.

Jay Chan

Just a shot in the dark here, but could it be Allied?? Used to by a
whole load of parts and stuff from them, but don't know iffn they are
still in business. Try Googlin' 'em! (Say that 3 times fast!)

--
The Seabat

http://www.resellerratings.com/resel...rowse=a&page=4

Those are all internet companies. The one the OP is looking for is a
catalog based electronics firm which, I'm guessing, is not in business
anymore or at least not doing business on the internet.

--
The Seabat

You guessed wrong....