HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   locating driver for soundmax integrated audio on deskpro (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=58917)

name May 30th 04 01:51 PM

locating driver for soundmax integrated audio on deskpro

Author:name )
Subject: locating driver for integrated audio on deskpro
Newsgroup:alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Date:2003-05-03 17:07:06 PST
[..]
Finally managed to solve the problem. The system did recognize the
integrated audio as "AC'97 Intel 82801 AA" or something similar.
Updating this driver
didn't seem to work, but when I tried to update the driver using
windows update (searching for drivers online), it found a driver for
"SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio" that seems to work.
I've also searched online and found another version of the driver for
the "ADI SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio Controller" as a SoftPaq
(SP22286.exe).

Some updated info on this issue.
ADI SoundMax AC97 Integrated Digital Audio Driver for Windows
98SE/2000/ME/XP

This one is supposed to work. Windows 2000 mistakingly recognizes the
audio as "AC'97 Intel(r) 82801 AA". This results in all audio being
played slightly too fast. Windows update sometimes refuses to detect
the integrated audio properly.

The right driver can be found he
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/fi...oad/14501.html

So the file needed is SP21180.exe and not SP22286.exe as suggested in
my previous posting.