HardwareBanter

-   Overclocking (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Dual Layer Burners (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=11106)

Coxie September 6th 04 12:28 PM

Dual Layer Burners

Looking at buying a dual layer burner any suggestions

Mark September 6th 04 12:58 PM

Sony

Mal September 6th 04 01:11 PM

"Mark" wrote in message
Sony
"Coxie" wrote in message
Looking at buying a dual layer burner any suggestions

Also have a look at Pioneer and NEC (had no problems with my single layer
NEC 1300A)

[email protected] September 6th 04 01:20 PM

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 21:28:29 +1000, "Coxie"
wrote:

Looking at buying a dual layer burner any suggestions

Only one real choice - NEC3500 and 'Herries Firmware'
BoroLad

S.Heenan September 6th 04 06:30 PM

Coxie wrote:
Looking at buying a dual layer burner any suggestions

Pioneer 108 OEM.
It may be a while before DL media is readily available at a decent price.

yoda September 6th 04 08:44 PM

NEC3500

Robert Jackson September 6th 04 10:41 PM

Definitely go with Lite-on. great dual layer burner at a cheap price. nec is
junky in my experience and sony is same quality at a higher price

Venom September 7th 04 01:00 AM

You blokes obviously don`t know that Sony bought out Liteon a while back ?

OldFartJAC September 7th 04 03:06 AM

Yes we do. LiteOn and Sony, look slightly different but the same drive, and
have been for quite a while.

Steve Wolfe September 7th 04 05:02 AM

You blokes obviously don`t know that Sony bought out Liteon a while back ?

But of course. I've been buying nothing but Sony CD drives for years,
because they've always been 100% reliable - not a single failure. Well, not
until they started selling Liteon drives with the Sony label on them. Once
that happened, I've started seeing failures from them (even relatively new
drives), while I still haven't seen a failure in any of the older drives.

steve