HardwareBanter

-   Creative Sound Blaster Cards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   soundblaster live platinum / xp / linux (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=90575)

pet January 8th 05 03:11 PM

soundblaster live platinum / xp / linux

Because I was having sound problems between Linux and my onboard sound, I
switched back to a Creative Labs Soundblaster Live! Platinum card. Linux
sound is excellent but I have no sound in XP.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled but still, no sound.

I have also checked to see if anything has been muted. All controls are
fine except when using the Creative Labs applet controls. The popup for
the speaker settings appears but the controls are immovable.

What have I missed?

pet January 9th 05 12:07 AM

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 09:11:25 -0600, pet wrote:

Because I was having sound problems between Linux and my onboard sound, I
switched back to a Creative Labs Soundblaster Live! Platinum card. Linux
sound is excellent but I have no sound in XP.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled but still, no sound.

I have also checked to see if anything has been muted. All controls are
fine except when using the Creative Labs applet controls. The popup for
the speaker settings appears but the controls are immovable.

What have I missed?

After poking around the various applets to set the sound, I finally played
with speaker selection. Once I found a speaker that matched mine,
everything worked. What is puzzling is the description in the applet is
nowhere near the speaker setup I have.

Like much else, it's a matter of guessing and luck.

Thanks to all who helped.