HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Socket A cooler on Socket 939? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=93511)

GaryM April 2nd 05 04:54 PM

Socket A cooler on Socket 939?

I am going to upgrade my Athlon XP 1800+ to a Athlon 64 3200+ and want
to know if the cooler I have - a Coolermaster Aero 7+ - will fit on
the new socket or will I need a new CPU cooler?

Christo April 2nd 05 10:48 PM

"GaryM" wrote in message
I am going to upgrade my Athlon XP 1800+ to a Athlon 64 3200+ and want
to know if the cooler I have - a Coolermaster Aero 7+ - will fit on
the new socket or will I need a new CPU cooler?

best of getting the new cooler mate

[email protected] April 3rd 05 02:39 AM

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 16:54:37 +0100, GaryM wrote:

I am going to upgrade my Athlon XP 1800+ to a Athlon 64 3200+ and want
to know if the cooler I have - a Coolermaster Aero 7+ - will fit on
the new socket or will I need a new CPU cooler?

I havent compared them side by side in detail and who knows manybe
someone makes a dualie - one made to fit both but my immediate
impression when I worked on a neighbors and got mine was they are very
different.-- the mountings and size seem different.

GaryM April 3rd 05 02:42 PM

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 16:54:37 +0100, GaryM wrote:

I am going to upgrade my Athlon XP 1800+ to a Athlon 64 3200+ and want
to know if the cooler I have - a Coolermaster Aero 7+ - will fit on
the new socket or will I need a new CPU cooler?

Thanks guys, I didn't think it would work but I hate getting rid of
anything. The plan now is to whack my old CPU and RAM into a
barebones case, along one of my old hard drives, and run Linux on it.