HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3L (rev. 1.0) onboard LAN just doesn't work? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=183193)

John Doe February 27th 10 02:20 AM

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3L (rev. 1.0) onboard LAN just doesn't work?

I read reviews on Newegg that had the same problem with the
dysfunctional onboard LAN on Gigabyte's GA-EP45-UD3L (rev. 1.0). That
is what they are selling with a rebate (apparently also problematic).
Should I try harder or just go with an add-in card?

Thanks.

Fishface[_2_] February 27th 10 04:46 AM

John Doe wrote:
I read reviews on Newegg that had the same problem with the
dysfunctional onboard LAN on Gigabyte's GA-EP45-UD3L (rev. 1.0).
That is what they are selling with a rebate (apparently also problematic).
Should I try harder or just go with an add-in card?

I had trouble with my Gigabyte board. I think it's a UD3P?
Apparently the onboard LANs had no MAC addresses after I flashed it. This
thread helped me:

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ud3p...de-10-a-34241/

'Just had to do the DMI thing. I was able to do it from the BIOS setup screen F8.
I unticked the "keep DMI Data" checkbox, hit escape, then enter, as I recall.

John Doe February 27th 10 06:15 AM

"Fishface" wrote:

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ud3p...de-10-a-34241/

They mention checking to see if there is a MAC address (main BIOS
page, press F9). I have one, so I double checked to see if the LAN
drivers were installed...

Andy February 28th 10 12:51 AM

On 27 Feb 2010 01:20:28 GMT, John Doe wrote:

I read reviews on Newegg that had the same problem with the
dysfunctional onboard LAN on Gigabyte's GA-EP45-UD3L (rev. 1.0). That
is what they are selling with a rebate (apparently also problematic).
Should I try harder or just go with an add-in card?

Thanks.

If you want to know if the lan hardware is functional, run the
diagnostic program available from
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5 &Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false.