HardwareBanter

-   Printers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Any way out of a WRONG CARTRIDGE error message with Xerox cartridgesfor HP1525nw laserjet? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=199374)

myfathersson January 9th 19 04:58 PM

Any way out of a WRONG CARTRIDGE error message with Xerox cartridgesfor HP1525nw laserjet?

I just came across these Xerox cartridges manufactured (I dont know why!) for the HP printer. But on insertion of the magenta one, I just get a wrong magenta cartridge error message.
'
Xerox professed to be completely clueless and I dont DARE call HP and ask what such an error message means when I am using a non-HP laser toner cart!

Keith Nuttle January 9th 19 06:06 PM

On 1/9/2019 10:58 AM, myfathersson wrote:
I just came across these Xerox cartridges manufactured (I dont know why!) for the HP printer. But on insertion of the magenta one, I just get a wrong magenta cartridge error message.
'
Xerox professed to be completely clueless and I dont DARE call HP and ask what such an error message means when I am using a non-HP laser toner cart!

I would call HP an ask the question. I may be less than truthfull about
where I bought the cartrige.

Based on two things. One it may be something that occurs with HP
cartridges, and two Xerox may be the actual manufacturer of the HP
cartridge.

--
2018: The year we learn to play the great game of Euchre

myfathersson January 9th 19 07:24 PM

Any way out of a WRONG CARTRIDGE error message with Xeroxcartridges for HP1525nw laserjet?

good point and I might have tried it but the answer was much simpler: I had bought three carts, 2 mag and one cyan and someone had put the second mag cart in a cyan box!

myfathersson January 9th 19 07:25 PM

Any way out of a WRONG CARTRIDGE error message with Xeroxcartridges for HP1525nw laserjet?

good point and I might have tried it but the answer was much simpler: I had bought three carts, 2 mag and one cyan and someone had put the second cyan cart in a mag box!