HardwareBanter

-   UK Computer Vendors (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Purple screen of death (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=91158)

Bagpuss November 12th 03 11:28 AM

Purple screen of death

Oh dear
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/

:-)

TX2 November 12th 03 12:29 PM

In article ,
t, a.k.a Bagpuss says...

Oh dear
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/

Won't load here ... anyone got a screen shot?

Tony Sutton November 12th 03 05:48 PM

"Bagpuss" wrote in message
Oh dear
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/

Missed it, anyone got a screenshot?

--

- Tony Sutton
- http://www.hyperboard.co.uk - The Biggest Message Board!

Bagpuss November 13th 03 08:50 AM

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 17:48:54 -0000, "Tony Sutton"
wrote:

"Bagpuss" wrote in message
.. .
Oh dear
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/

Missed it, anyone got a screenshot?

Buggr sadly not. It was a *bright* purple screen saying in effect "out
website is down for technical reasons, for sales & support please
contact your nearest store".

To which I though, well my nearest store is not a PC World shop ;-)

Then I thought, techincal support at PC World, and the IT department
going to the manager "Well we'll have to reformat the hard drives and
do a clean install the OS recovery disk or we can send the web server
back to the manufacturers and it will be 4-6 weeks".