HardwareBanter

-   Storage & Hardrives (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   standard for SES-2 over I2C? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=189067)

Eric Smith[_2_] June 24th 11 08:45 AM

standard for SES-2 over I2C?

I'm trying to debug a problem between two products that both claim to
support SES-2 over I2C. I'm somewhat familiar with SES-2 commands, and
I'm familiar with I2C and can capture I2C transactions on a logic
analyzer, but I can't find the standard that defines how SES-2
commands are encapsulated for an I2C transport. Does anyone know
where I can find that?

I was going to buy a copy of the final SES-2 standard, but the INCITS
Standards Store only offers to sell me the final draft, which I
already have. Has the SES-2 standard not been approved?

Thanks!
Eric