HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   compaq server query (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=6814)

cits November 4th 04 01:27 PM

compaq server query

following a power failure recently my clients compaq server reports

compaq smart array failure (or similar)

is it likely to be a failed raid controller card or would it be one of the
disks in the array?

any ideas appreciated

kony November 4th 04 03:38 PM

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 12:27:03 GMT, "cits"
wrote:

following a power failure recently my clients compaq server reports

compaq smart array failure (or similar)

is it likely to be a failed raid controller card or would it be one of the
disks in the array?

any ideas appreciated

Yes, one of the two. See if you can access the controller's
bios configuration, it should at least POST and get to that
point if it's only the drives that're bad... and of course
the drives can be unplugged altogether.