HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Proliant ML370 fan question... (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=58732)

Andrew Farmer April 3rd 04 04:30 PM

Proliant ML370 fan question...

I have tried changing the fans on an ML370 server to some quieter ones, but
it keeps saying that the CPU fan has failed and that the slot fan is not
present. I rewired the connections from the originals onto the newer ones.

The fans are running OK, so how is it detecting the failure etc?
Is there any workaround to stop it searching for the fans at boot-up?
The server always runs cold so will not overheat.

Thanks
Andrew

David April 3rd 04 10:48 PM

Are the new fans 3wire (rpm sensor) and 2 wire on the old ones?
If so, don't connect the rpm wire and use the end of the old wire which
sometimes has a loop on 2 of the pins. If that's not it, usually quieter
means lower rpm and perhaps the system detects them as being too slow. No
way to stop it checking as far as I know.