HardwareBanter

-   -   Lost Coast and Geforce 6600GT (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=113406)

Dan December 1st 05 01:34 AM

Lost Coast and Geforce 6600GT

I've been trying to find benchmarks of Half life 2: lost coast running on a
Geforce 6600GT with no luck.

Someone care to post a link? There must be one out there somewhere!

Dan

Conor December 1st 05 02:39 AM

Lost Coast and Geforce 6600GT

In article , Dan
says...
I've been trying to find benchmarks of Half life 2: lost coast running on a
Geforce 6600GT with no luck.

Why the obsession? Is it playable?

--
Conor

"You're not married, you haven't got a girlfriend and you've never seen
Star Trek? Good Lord!" - Patrick Stewart, Extras.

Nikonja December 1st 05 08:32 PM

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 01:34:21 -0000, Dan wrote:

I've been trying to find benchmarks of Half life 2: lost coast running on a
Geforce 6600GT with no luck.

Someone care to post a link? There must be one out there somewhere!

Dan

You can not play it with 6600 only 6800 and above because of HDR !

Andrew December 1st 05 08:52 PM

Lost Coast and Geforce 6600GT

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 21:32:41 +0100, Nikonja
pretended to know something with this worthless contribution:

You can not play it with 6600 only 6800 and above because of HDR !

That is news to me, my 6600GT runs it just fine.

Augustus December 1st 05 09:07 PM

"Andrew" spamtrap@localhost. wrote in message
On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 21:32:41 +0100, Nikonja
pretended to know something with this worthless contribution:

You can not play it with 6600 only 6800 and above because of HDR !

Not true. You need a pixel shader 3.0 card to see get all the HDR eye candy,
but it will run on a 2.0 card just fine.

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2005/...nchmark/2.html

Dan December 1st 05 10:29 PM

"Augustus" wrote in message

"Andrew" spamtrap@localhost. wrote in message
On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 21:32:41 +0100, Nikonja
pretended to know something with this worthless contribution:

You can not play it with 6600 only 6800 and above because of HDR !

Not true. You need a pixel shader 3.0 card to see get all the HDR eye
candy, but it will run on a 2.0 card just fine.

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2005/...nchmark/2.html
These benchmarks do not include Geforce 6600GT. I'm assuming there's no
benchmarks out there.

Dan

Bob Byrne December 2nd 05 12:43 AM

Andrew wrote:
On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 21:32:41 +0100, Nikonja
pretended to know something with this worthless contribution:

You can not play it with 6600 only 6800 and above because of HDR !

That is news to me, my 6600GT runs it just fine.

Same here, no problems but had to install the latest driver for peak performance.
Xpertvision card actually but same chipset and nVidia drivers.

--
Regards Bob