HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Dell Dimension XPS B933 Motherboard PIII 933mhz (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=133540)

[email protected] August 10th 06 12:57 PM

Dell Dimension XPS B933 Motherboard PIII 933mhz

I won this on ebay:

Dell Dimension XPS B933 Motherboard PIII 933mhz 128mb

Anyone have experience with this or something similar?

I'm trying to figure out if there's a power switch pair of pins or how
that works.

Thanks.

c August 10th 06 03:20 PM

Dell Dimension XPS B933 Motherboard PIII 933mhz

wrote in message
ps.com...
I won this on ebay:

Dell Dimension XPS B933 Motherboard PIII 933mhz 128mb

Anyone have experience with this or something similar?

I'm trying to figure out if there's a power switch pair of pins or how
that works.

Thanks.

Try here.

http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...dmag/specs.htm

C.

pen August 10th 06 04:31 PM

"c" wrote in message

wrote in message
ps.com...
I won this on ebay:

Dell Dimension XPS B933 Motherboard PIII 933mhz 128mb

Anyone have experience with this or something similar?

I'm trying to figure out if there's a power switch pair of pins or how
that works.

Thanks.

Try here.

http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...dmag/specs.htm

C.

Do be aware that the power supply connector is NON standard. Also note the
3.3V
connector, which is also non standard. You might consider getting a Dell
power
supply from Dell or PC power and Cooling.
http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...in_assignments

Also the front panel connector is not documented in the Dell docs. Try here
for one that should work;
http://www.roberthancock.com/dell/fpconn.htm

Rod Speed August 10th 06 10:15 PM

wrote:

Would that PC work if you put a hard drive jumper between pins 6 and 8?

Nope, because that is the same a holding the power button in.

And a hard drive jumper wont fit anyway.

Rod Speed August 10th 06 11:47 PM

wrote:

If one were to momentarily tap a screwdriver on both pins at once,

Connect them momentarily with a screwdriver, yes.

would that work?

[email protected] August 11th 06 02:27 AM

Dell Dimension XPS B933 Motherboard PIII 933mhz

The screwdriver trick between pins 6 and 8 appears to have booted the
machine.

However, when I attach my hard drive and boot, Windows pops up a blue
screen of death immediately. Windows says it detected something
unusual about my machine and is halting the boot to prevent damage to
my PC. Any ideas as to what might cause Windows to say this?

Thanks.

Rod Speed August 11th 06 02:45 AM

wrote:

The screwdriver trick between pins 6 and
8 appears to have booted the machine.

However, when I attach my hard drive and boot, Windows pops up a
blue screen of death immediately. Windows says it detected something
unusual about my machine and is halting the boot to prevent damage to
my PC. Any ideas as to what might cause Windows to say this?

Fraid not, never seen that.

Likely something Dell specific.

[email protected] August 11th 06 03:11 AM

Rod Speed wrote:
wrote:

The screwdriver trick between pins 6 and
8 appears to have booted the machine.

However, when I attach my hard drive and boot, Windows pops up a
blue screen of death immediately. Windows says it detected something
unusual about my machine and is halting the boot to prevent damage to
my PC. Any ideas as to what might cause Windows to say this?

Fraid not, never seen that.

Likely something Dell specific.

It's A windows XP, BSOD. Some of them are now worded that way. But it
usually means there's a hardware issue.

Question 1: Are you hoping and praying you can take a hard drive loaded
with XP, that was built in another computer, and have it work? XP
doesn't like that. You should do a clean install, at a mimimum you will
have to do a repair install.

Question 2: Have you verified the memory with memtest86+ from
www.memtest.org? If it's bad, that sucks, Rambus ain't cheap.