HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Missing operating system (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=125274)

[email protected] April 18th 06 01:11 AM

Missing operating system

I have a compaq presssario 4716 and whenever i get past the compaq
logo.. it just says "missing operating system" I have a installation
cd and everything, just i dunno how to install it.. I tried pressing
f10 and got into the set up.. but nothing about bios was ever in there.
if anyone has any information please email to me at
it is greatly appreciated

HH April 18th 06 11:25 AM

Missing operating system

If, by "installation CD" you mean you have the Quickrestore CD(s), all you
need to do to run it is put the CD in he drive and reboot. The PC should
boot from it and give you a restore menu.

HH

oups.com...

Ben Myers April 18th 06 01:36 PM

Missing operating system

The message "missing operating system" can have a number of causes. Especially
if it's never been done before, change the motherboard's CMOS battery, likely a
C2032 3v lithium coin-sized one. When the battery goes, the CMOS settings,
including hard drive info, become corrupted, causing various symptoms including
"missing operating system"... Ben Myers