HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   replacement board for 5700N (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=173972)

DKline December 2nd 08 04:38 PM

replacement board for 5700N

I recently wrote looking for a replacement board for a Desktop
Presario 5700N. Here's more details. The Compaq replacement # is
1206595-102 which looks compatible with just about every 5700-series
model. Thanks DKline

Ben Myers[_2_] December 2nd 08 11:12 PM

DKline wrote:
I recently wrote looking for a replacement board for a Desktop
Presario 5700N. Here's more details. The Compaq replacement # is
1206595-102 which looks compatible with just about every 5700-series
model. Thanks DKline

I checked specs for the Presario 5700N myself on the HPaq web site.
Unlike other models of HPaq desktops, the info for this one is
incomplete, lacking a motherboard disgram or photo.

Still, my best guess is that the motherboard is a basic Socket 370
microATX board with built-in audio and graphics, and lacking built-in
Ethernet. It has an Intel 810 motherboard chipset and graphics and ESS
Solo 1398 audio chip. These chips and chipsets are very common for
systems manufactured in the same timeframe.

You can probably replace the motherboard with most any generic microATX
Socket 370 motherboard and have a 100% working system, except possibly
for any software bundled by Compaq and crippled by the software
manufacturer to work only with a Compaq motherboard.

I still have a few Socket 370 microATX boards here and I can probably
come up with a close match including CPU, cooling fan, and memory, to
simplify replacing the old board and for pretty short money. Give me a
little time to look around... Ben Myers