HardwareBanter

-   Overclocking AMD Processors (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   AMD/Intel Price cuts on the MidRange CPUs - DRM tech (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=158084)

Revanant[_2_] October 2nd 07 07:25 PM

AMD/Intel Price cuts on the MidRange CPUs - DRM tech

Here is a question that I am wondering about.. I guess I should do some
in depth searchings into AMD and Intels websites to discover about DRM
tech into the current crop of Mid Range CPUs going on sale now.

[My question is simple though. As far as Intel, I know they have DRM
tech built in. But what about the AMD X2's now going on price cut,
which CPUs start with the technology incorporating the dreaded DRM
tech?]

[My second question is about the Intel performance enhancements in their
CPUs. I have noticed in the Anandtech reviews of performance between
AMD and Intel that AMD still corners the market for a gamers PC, as a
gamer I would prefer AMD over Intel with the Anandtech reviews. My
question is for the purposes of buying a future desktop gamers PC but I
don't like the DRM tech. However I am wondering about laptops too since
I am a musician and am thinking about getting a Apple/Mac and DRM tech
incorporated at the chip levels with the laptops. So which should I get
an older Winblows laptop that doesn't DRM or is there a Apple/Mac laptop
alternative?]

Long questions huh? hehe

I have 2 source website referrals, one from AMDZone and the 2nd from
Anandtech. In the 2nd website URL it has a AMD/Intel in depth price
quote...

1st AMDZone Oct. 1st 2007:
http://amdzone.com/modules.php?op=mo...e=article&sid=
8477