HardwareBanter

-   -   I have a very small bios (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=56320)

Spencer January 14th 05 11:17 PM

I have a very small bios

:o)
BFG have given me a long list of bios settings to check/set but I can only
see about three of them in my bios. (Award v6.0)
They are mainly Video/pci/AGP entries.
How can I get to these hidden locations? Is it via activating ESCD?

--
Regards
Spencer

Rich Webb January 15th 05 12:19 AM

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 23:17:40 -0000, "Spencer"
wrote:

:o)
BFG have given me a long list of bios settings to check/set but I can only
see about three of them in my bios. (Award v6.0)
They are mainly Video/pci/AGP entries.
How can I get to these hidden locations? Is it via activating ESCD?

Search around for sites that may host modified BIOSes for your
motherboard that expose the additional settings. Some mobo vendors (on
at least some of their boards) prefer to limit the "damage" that users
can do with wide-open BIOS settings and deliberately don't expose all of
the available properties.

For example, my current (and relatively ancient) K7S5A has a couple
of nice people that have looked into and mod'ed the BIOS to expose
additional settings. Thanx Honey X! Search around and see what's
available. As always, be careful and know what you're getting.

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

pugpep January 15th 05 12:23 AM

"Spencer" wrote in message
:o)
BFG have given me a long list of bios settings to check/set but I can
only
see about three of them in my bios. (Award v6.0)
They are mainly Video/pci/AGP entries.
How can I get to these hidden locations? Is it via activating ESCD?

--
Regards
Spencer

hhhmmm
bois envy :o)

Staf

pugpep January 15th 05 12:25 AM

"pugpep" wrote in message hhhmmm
bois envy :o)

Staf

or bios envy
if u prefer(doh)

Staf

First of One January 15th 05 02:27 AM

The number of BIOS options is more dependent on the motherboard than on the
BIOS producer. If you can't find a specific option, then let it be.

ESCD is where the BIOS saves its changes. If the changes you made in BIOS
are kept the next time you power up, then the ESCD was written to/read from.

First of One January 15th 05 03:46 AM

I got the same board with the same BIOS. Got the FSB up to 150 MHz before
noticing some hard drive data corruption; currently running at 147.

Tough little board, best $60 I've ever spent. :-)

Sharanga Dayananda January 15th 05 10:30 PM

Spencer wrote:
:o)
BFG have given me a long list of bios settings to check/set but I can only
see about three of them in my bios. (Award v6.0)
They are mainly Video/pci/AGP entries.
How can I get to these hidden locations? Is it via activating ESCD?

Try hitting CTRL-F1 when in the BIOS screens. That (or some other key
sequence) will unlock the hidden options.