HardwareBanter

-   Cdr (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Win XP and ECDC 5 Platinum (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=189810)

AAH[_2_] October 9th 11 08:29 PM

Win XP and ECDC 5 Platinum

Win XP
ECDC 5 Platinum is not recognizing DVD 4.7 GB disks.
I understand this can be overcome by some amendments
into the registry.
All the DVD Icons in ECDC 5 Platinum are live and
active so these must have been working at certain time
in the past
The error message is:-
"No supported DVD recorders were detected on
your system"
The optical drive is definite DVD writer by Samsung
model Super Writemaster
TSSTcorpCDDVDW SH-S222L SB03 DVD/CD-R

Any help would be appreciated.

smh October 10th 11 09:35 PM

Win XP and ECDC 5 Platinum

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

AAH wrote:

Win XP
ECDC 5 Platinum is not recognizing DVD 4.7 GB disks.
I understand this can be overcome by some amendments
into the registry.
All the DVD Icons in ECDC 5 Platinum are live and
active so these must have been working at certain time
in the past
The error message is:-
"No supported DVD recorders were detected on
your system"
The optical drive is definite DVD writer by Samsung
model Super Writemaster
TSSTcorpCDDVDW SH-S222L SB03 DVD/CD-R

Any help would be appreciated.

List in:
HKLM\Software\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator\Devices

(And more entries are in PWD2K.SYS for winxp.)

The idea is that in the registry you replace an entry for a non-Samsung
drive with those for the Samsung. Problem is finding or devising the
parameters for the Samsung.

Your best bet is getting a free burn software. Ask for one in this
newsgroup:
alt.binaries.freeware

Mike S. October 11th 11 02:34 PM

Win XP and ECDC 5 Platinum

In article , AAH wrote:

Win XP
ECDC 5 Platinum is not recognizing DVD 4.7 GB disks.
I understand this can be overcome by some amendments
into the registry.
All the DVD Icons in ECDC 5 Platinum are live and
active so these must have been working at certain time
in the past
The error message is:-
"No supported DVD recorders were detected on
your system"
The optical drive is definite DVD writer by Samsung
model Super Writemaster
TSSTcorpCDDVDW SH-S222L SB03 DVD/CD-R

Any help would be appreciated.

It's not worth it trying to coax very out-of-date software to work.
Even if you did, some other "gotcha" would come along.

Try some quality freeware like ImgBurn or CDBurnerXP.

smh October 14th 11 08:31 AM

Win XP and ECDC 5 Platinum

Your best bet is getting a free burn software. Ask for one in this
newsgroup:
alt.binaries.freeware

Don't know how long it's been that way, but the group is now completely
taken over by sporgers! Feel puzzled as to why, and sad.