HardwareBanter

-   Storage (alternative) (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Any good DVD writers these days? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=161882)

Spam Bob December 14th 07 04:24 PM

Any good DVD writers these days?

Regarding DVD writers, should I shop for quality or price these days?
They are cheap enough so I'm thinking price, but at the same time it is
a hassle to swap dead drives. Any brands/models stand out as good or bad?

Rod Speed December 14th 07 07:06 PM

Spam Bob wrote:

Regarding DVD writers, should I shop for quality or price these days?

They're so cheap that what matters is whether they a picky about the media now.

They are cheap enough so I'm thinking price, but at the same time it is a hassle to swap dead drives.

And even more of a hassle if they are fussy about the media used.

Any brands/models stand out as good or bad?

I use the LGs now.