HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   faarghk - I hate notebooks (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=199243)

[email protected] October 20th 18 12:45 AM

faarghk - I hate notebooks

A relative showed me a notebook: they had tried to remove the hard disk,
but had lifted the end more than necessary and busted the SATA connector.
It was not repairable. Then I vaguely recalled Toshiba made a premium
model with 2 hard drives. I removed another cover and there was a void the
size of a 2.5" drive. But no SATA connector - just some solder pads where
it might be fitted. Probably saved them a dollar.