HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Compaq Presario R3240 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=137316)

eosinophil October 10th 06 01:30 AM

Compaq Presario R3240

I am having a LCD problem on my Compaq Presario R3240 laptop. The
screen acts as if the lid is shut and is very dark. The desktop can
be seen faintly. If you continously tap the lid sensor button (the
button that sensons the lid has been shut), the LCD tries to lighten
up. Eventually it will return to normal lighting for a minute or so,
but then return to dark. I have read that the inverter needs to be
reset or the sensor button needs cleaned. Can someone give me some
information about this issue, and possibly how to remove the
keyboard. THANKS!