HardwareBanter

-   Matrox Videocards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   TV Tuner? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=102758)

Tim Braithwaite July 23rd 05 07:58 PM

TV Tuner?

Which (if any) Matrox cards have an on-board TV tuner? I want to take my
Dell Dimensioni 8200 multiheaded.

I was looking at the P750 but it doesn't seem to have one. With this card,
would I need a separate tuner card? What's my best bet?

Ender.Wiggin July 27th 05 04:43 PM

Hey Tim,

Unfortunately Matrox does not sell any video cards with a TV tuner or a
separate TV tuner card, you will need to buy a separate TV tuner card
or external tuner box from another manufacturer (i.e. ATI, ASUS,
Pinnacle, etc.).

http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/TV_tune...8903_16-0.html

Synapse Syndrome July 28th 05 12:42 AM

"Tim Braithwaite" wrote in message
Which (if any) Matrox cards have an on-board TV tuner? I want to take my
Dell Dimensioni 8200 multiheaded.

I was looking at the P750 but it doesn't seem to have one. With this
card, would I need a separate tuner card? What's my best bet?

They used to sell the Marvel G200-TV and Marvel G400-TV

ss.

Synapse Syndrome July 29th 05 03:31 AM

"Synapse Syndrome" wrote in message

"Tim Braithwaite" wrote in message
Which (if any) Matrox cards have an on-board TV tuner? I want to take my
Dell Dimensioni 8200 multiheaded.

I was looking at the P750 but it doesn't seem to have one. With this
card, would I need a separate tuner card? What's my best bet?

They used to sell the Marvel G200-TV and Marvel G400-TV

Hmmn. There's a Matrox Marvel G450 eTV as well. I wonder what happened to
that?

http://www.sysopt.com/reviews/matrox-g450e/

ss.

Ender.Wiggin August 5th 05 03:40 PM

Hmmm....let see, that review is from August 7, 2001, perhaps they don't
make it anymore. Anyhow, yes, Matrox used to sell this board but they
do not offer anything similar for sale now. While it was a great TV
tuner board, you will have to find one used or as leftover stock:

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=...arch+Froog le