HardwareBanter

-   Gateway Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Notebook support (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=188216)

SC Tom April 8th 11 01:37 PM

Notebook support

Well, I'm glad I have all my drivers and updates on DVD and an external hard
drive- Gateway no longer lists the M6850-fx anywhere that I can find. Looks
like if someone is having a problem, it would be easier to throw the old one
away and buy a new one. Of course, that's what all companies (PC and
otherwise) would love for the public to do, but I happen to like this
notebook, and don't plan on getting rid of it until it no longer does what I
want it to do.

I can still find drivers for many of the old HP and Compaq we used at work,
some of them 10 years old or older. Guess they didn't get bought out by some
fly by night company like Gateway did.
--
SC Tom