HardwareBanter

-   Printers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   LPT1 Mode Command Error (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=80890)

Fatfreek February 23rd 05 01:35 AM

LPT1 Mode Command Error

My HP 5500 is hooked to lpt1. Here's the error message:
Printers Folder, "There was an error found when printing the document
"c:\millerlr\dwg\colors.dwg Model (1)" to LPT1:. Do you want to retry or
cancel the job?"

Under Win2k Pro I then began the printer troubleshooting wizard. It
suggests the Mode command as follows:
mode lpt1:,,p

However, that returns the following error:
Invalid parameter - lpt1:,,p

What to do?
Len Miller

--
To email reply, eradicate all threes in my SPAM guarded address.

Colin D February 24th 05 08:37 AM

Fatfreek wrote:

My HP 5500 is hooked to lpt1. Here's the error message:
Printers Folder, "There was an error found when printing the document
"c:\millerlr\dwg\colors.dwg Model (1)" to LPT1:. Do you want to retry or
cancel the job?"

Under Win2k Pro I then began the printer troubleshooting wizard. It
suggests the Mode command as follows:
mode lpt1:,,p

However, that returns the following error:
Invalid parameter - lpt1:,,p

What to do?
Len Miller

--
To email reply, eradicate all threes in my SPAM guarded address.

That sounds like the software calling the printer isn't designed for
win2000. What program are you using? Is it a 32-bit Win program, or
maybe a dos program running in Windows?

If a dos program, there's a utility called Dosprint that interfaces dos
programs with Windows - but you have to code it in.

Colin