HardwareBanter

-   Acer Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Stuck at Press Del F12 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=189827)

Steve y October 13th 11 11:46 AM

Stuck at Press Del F12

I am trying to install more RAM to an Acer Aspire T180 but have got
into the situation where the display shows the Acer log and the famous
message Hit Del to enter the Bios or F12 to configure the Startup.

I have tried resetting the Bios by swapping the link over with the
battery and mains disconnected but to no avail. Disconnecting the hard
disk and front USB connectors changes nothing.

Has anyone come up with a magic solution to this problem which seems
very common to these machines