HardwareBanter

-   Storage (alternative) (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   how do i config a compaq array in a non compaq machine? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=84445)

David Bartram August 13th 03 11:50 PM

how do i config a compaq array in a non compaq machine?

How can I install a Compaq smart array controller 3200 on a non-Compaq
machine?

I recently acquired (was exchanged for an old computer) a Compaq smart array
controller. All the installation instructions for it refer to using the
Compaq smartstart utility. However this won't work on a non-Compaq machine.
What can I do to get it working as the boot array for a W2000 installation?

Thanks.