HardwareBanter

-   Printers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Lexmark printers - recommended? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=154720)

'Nel' July 30th 07 06:17 PM

Lexmark printers - recommended?

Aldi are doing a very cheap MFC printer from Thursday.

http://uk.aldi.com:80/special_buys/productnl_318.html

What are they like for cartridges (i.e. compatibles etc,)?

Gary Tait July 30th 07 07:47 PM

Lexmark printers - recommended?

"'Nel'" wrote in news:D2pri.250$ka7.179@newsfe4-
gui.ntli.net:

What are they like for cartridges (i.e. compatibles etc,)?

Lexmark= Head-On-Card = Not good for aftermarket consumables.

Aa a rule, I recommend you avould H-O-C printers, especially Lexmark.

Richard Steinfeld[_2_] July 30th 07 08:34 PM

Gary Tait wrote:
"'Nel'" wrote in news:D2pri.250$ka7.179@newsfe4-
gui.ntli.net:

What are they like for cartridges (i.e. compatibles etc,)?

Lexmark= Head-On-Card = Not good for aftermarket consumables.

Aa a rule, I recommend you avould H-O-C printers, especially Lexmark.

What does "Head-On-Card" mean? I've never heard this term before.

Thanks.

Richard

[email protected] July 31st 07 01:03 AM

On Jul 30, 10:17 am, "'Nel'" wrote:
Aldi are doing a very cheap MFC printer from Thursday.

http://uk.aldi.com:80/special_buys/productnl_318.html

What are they like for cartridges (i.e. compatibles etc,)?

LEXMARK ARE HARD TO REFILL. GET A CANON.

STAN

Frank July 31st 07 01:55 AM

wrote:

On Jul 30, 10:17 am, "'Nel'" wrote:

Aldi are doing a very cheap MFC printer from Thursday.

http://uk.aldi.com:80/special_buys/productnl_318.html

What are they like for cartridges (i.e. compatibles etc,)?

LEXMARK ARE HARD TO REFILL. GET A CANON.

STAN

Oops! You mean measher****head...hahaha...got ya!
Frank

Gary Tait July 31st 07 01:39 PM

Lexmark printers - recommended?

Richard Steinfeld wrote in
:

What does "Head-On-Card" mean? I've never heard this term before.

Head-On-Cartrige. Meaning the printer itslf has no head, just this holder
with electrical contacts that goes back and forth. The heads (the part that
squirts in onto the paper) is part of the ink tank you have to keep buying.
The plus side is, for OEM, you get a new head each time. The downside is,
with refilled cartridges (the only way to have an aftermarket for them,
since the aftermarket company cannot make such cartridges), you don't know
the condition of the head.