HardwareBanter

-   UK Computer Vendors (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Scared off ... so now who? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=92348)

[email protected] December 16th 04 01:54 PM

Scared off ... so now who?

Tx2 wrote:

I'm not overly concerned with price (although they must be competitive)

Huh, so what does that mean then? Without some idea what you mean
(like how much more expensive than the really cheapest sellers is OK?)
how can anyone help?

--
Chris Green

tony_s December 16th 04 01:58 PM

"Tx2" wrote in message
t...

OK, previous experience has 'scared' me off using any of the following
suppliers - Aria, CCL, Novatech, Ebuyer, PCNextDay

I have been asked to build/supply 3 systems, but really have no idea who
to now use for parts.

I'm not overly concerned with price (although they must be competitive)
as I am with reliable customer service, plus efficient RMA and
replacement service.

I'd like to keep supply all under one roof if possible - just makes
things neat n tidy.

Suggestions?

Some of those are generally regarded as OK! If you're that fussy, you'd
probably be better off finding somewhere local so you can go in and
complain. It'll probably cost you a bit extra though. If you want better
service, you usually have to pay for it!

tony

Mike Jenkins December 16th 04 03:20 PM

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 14:57:58 -0000, Tx2
wrote:

It'll probably cost you a bit extra though. If you want better
service, you usually have to pay for it!

Absolutely ... I believe that was hinted at in my initial post -
competitive but not overly concerned with price - any recommendations
then?

I've always found Tekheads to be excellent with their customer service
personally, but their range isn't that big. I would put
www.refreshcomputers.com in the same category.

--
Mike Jenkins
Dreamcast/Gamecube FAQs - http://www.kwik-e-mart.org

Tony Sutton December 16th 04 03:43 PM

"Tx2" wrote in message
t...
In article ,
, a.k.a Mike Jenkins says...

I've always found Tekheads to be excellent with their customer service
personally, but their range isn't that big.

Yes, I've found that too, although Sam seems to have disappeared from
the group?

No, he's still lurking and would reply if the message was marked as ATTN
toward him.

--

- Tony Sutton
-

Mike Jenkins December 16th 04 03:45 PM

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 15:27:19 -0000, Tx2
wrote:

I would put www.refreshcomputers.com in the same category

They seem to have no T&C's of sale ... ?

Not that it matter of course, I guess, as they have to comply with the
law regardless.

You've used them?

Yes, they are a local quite small shop, like Novatech used to be.

sks December 16th 04 03:58 PM

"Tx2" wrote in message
t...
In article ,
, a.k.a Mike Jenkins says...

I've always found Tekheads to be excellent with their customer service
personally, but their range isn't that big.

Yes, I've found that too, although Sam seems to have disappeared from
the group?

No, I just post under sks now.

sks December 16th 04 04:46 PM

I've always found Tekheads to be excellent with their customer

service
personally, but their range isn't that big.

Yes, I've found that too, although Sam seems to have disappeared from
the group?

No, I just post under sks now.

Aha, greetings ... !

Hello :)

tony_s December 16th 04 05:21 PM

"Tx2" wrote in message
t...
In article ,
, a.k.a Mike Jenkins says...

I would put
www.refreshcomputers.com in the same category

They seem to have no T&C's of sale ... ?

Not that it matter of course, I guess, as they have to comply with the
law regardless.

You've used them?

I've used Refreshcomputers but not for mail order. (My family leave near
their shop) They're always quite helpful and on the few occasions when I've
taken anything back, it has been replaced reasonably quickly. Main drawback
with them is that they carry a very limited range, mostly MSI stuff which,
IMHO, is not all that good.

I still stand by my original suggestion that you find someone local.
Perhaps you should post the area you're in and see if anyone can recommend
something in the vicinity. They can't all be dreadful, can they?

tony

Mark S. December 16th 04 11:28 PM

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 20:58:58 -0000, Tx2
wrote:

In article ,
, a.k.a tony_s says...

I still stand by my original suggestion that you find someone local.
Perhaps you should post the area you're in and see if anyone can recommend
something in the vicinity. They can't all be dreadful, can they?

Hailsham, East Sussex .. and, yes, they can, and in the main, are.

If the likes of CCL have scared you off I'd give it up as a bad job...
;-)

Used them for years and can't fault them.

Mark S.

Well-Tech Ltd December 18th 04 09:47 PM

"Tx2" wrote in message
t...
In article ,
, a.k.a Mark S. says...

.. Guess what, it
went wrong - I was sent someone else's order.

Not the sort of things I can pass onto my own customers now is it...

If you have 'customers' then surely you should be using trade suppliers and
not retailers ?