HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   PCI Serial Controller Presario desktop (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=82928)

Marcia March 19th 05 09:52 PM

PCI Serial Controller Presario desktop

Can someone tell me what a PCI Serial Controller is?
I used my Quick Restore disks, to take my 5600i back to original
state,
BIG Mistake....
I have no sound, can't get Monster II drivers to work and every boot up
wants to install the PCI Serial Driver. The Tech service has not been
any help...can someone out there please let me know what I am missing!

Now that I used the Quick Restore disks..did it also change my 'back'
up on D: or can I use that to reinstall everything?

Help!
Thanks in advance...
Marcia

--