HardwareBanter

-   Gigabyte Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   POST problem Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 rev.1 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=186638)

~PCfreak ©~ October 28th 10 09:02 AM

POST problem Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 rev.1

hello

I build á system with the following spec's for my brother;

Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 rev.1
Core i7 870
4x2 GB Kingston hyperX kit
W7 64 bit

In the beginning the system was booting perfectly, also the POST went
normal.
But suddenly at á cold boot or 'warm' restart, the POST seems to hang,
he then only see's the top two or three lines of the POST-screen, and
sometime's the line with memory spec's. Then it takes 1 to 4 minutes
before de POST goes further to recognise the HD's and DVD's.
Then W7 starts normally and works perfectly without any problem.

He also tried the failsafe bios-settings, but it does not help.
Does anyone knows where de POST is waiting for?

PS; Sorry for my poor Englisch.

groetjes Henk
--
#Een reactie van de vraagsteller of een gegeven oplossing
gewerkt heeft wordt zeer op prijs gesteld#