HardwareBanter

-   Cdr (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   SATA controller & converter for PATA CD/DVD drives (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=27966)

Daniel Prince October 10th 04 09:12 AM

SATA controller & converter for PATA CD/DVD drives

Is there a low cost (under $60) SATA controller & converter pair that
will work with PATA CD/DVD drives? If there is, please tell me where I
can get them? Thank you in advance for all replies.
in a circle until he gets too dizzy to stand up. What is cruel about
it is that I don't do it nearly as much as he wants me to.

Dan G October 10th 04 10:37 PM

It's really not recommended to run burners on SATA, at least until some
decent controllers come around that are ATAPI compliant. Any converter will
work, but controllers are another issue completely. Thus far, only the
Intel chipset-based controllers are shown to be reliable for burners.