HardwareBanter

-   Printers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Fixing an HP printer (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=153681)

t8769 July 7th 07 10:14 PM

Fixing an HP printer

My HP K90 just died, the power's getting to it but it does not turn
on.

Any way to revivie it before it goes into the bin?

Al Bundy July 7th 07 10:22 PM

Fixing an HP printer

On Jul 7, 5:14 pm, t8769 wrote:
My HP K90 just died, the power's getting to it but it does not turn
on.

Any way to revivie it before it goes into the bin?

Perhaps you could explain more about how you know for sure that power
is getting to the printer. Is that because the outlet appears to have
power and the ON/OFF switch doesn't power it on? Wiggle the cord ends
and all that regular stuff. Go to the property sheet on the printer in
the advanced section. Many of the HP printers have a setting that
allows you to power the printer on automatically when print document
is selected for printing. Try to print something using that method. If
that doesn't work you may be in for an internal repair, perhaps a
fuse. Google some of the recent posts on this same subject.

t8769 July 8th 07 10:25 AM

Fixing an HP printer

Hi

The light is on, in the power plug that fits into the back of the
machine.

So I know that the power's getting to it...

Thanks

Tony[_2_] July 8th 07 10:45 AM

Fixing an HP printer

t8769 wrote:
Hi

The light is on, in the power plug that fits into the back of the
machine.

So I know that the power's getting to it...

Thanks

Unless you are lucky and there is a loose cable inside the printer then I
suspect there is a serious internal electronic failure. Either the internal
power supply or the main board.
Tony
MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Al Bundy July 8th 07 11:43 AM

Fixing an HP printer

On Jul 8, 5:25 am, t8769 wrote:
Hi

The light is on, in the power plug that fits into the back of the
machine.

So I know that the power's getting to it...

Thanks

Then, as said earlier, try turning it on with the software. If that
fails, you need a repair. What you do beyond that depends on your
ability.

t8769 July 9th 07 05:12 PM

Fixing an HP printer

Its gone to that big office in the sky