HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   will we see 2.5/5 Gbps ethernet?? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=199138)

[email protected] August 13th 18 02:29 PM

will we see 2.5/5 Gbps ethernet??

Seems to me to be a real need for this.
If you're pulling data off an NAS at 1 Gbps, that is lukewarm green disk speed.
But 10 Gbps is pushing **** uphill over old cables.
If 2.5GBASE-T hardware were readily available, I would start upgrading
my rigs.

Paul[_28_] August 13th 18 04:07 PM

wrote:
Seems to me to be a real need for this.
If you're pulling data off an NAS at 1 Gbps, that is lukewarm green disk speed.
But 10 Gbps is pushing **** uphill over old cables.
If 2.5GBASE-T hardware were readily available, I would start upgrading
my rigs.

Aquantia makes a couple of versions of the same chip.
One is intended more for 2.5G/5G, and one also includes 10G.

Aquantia AQC107 chipset $95.20

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16833320272

Uses a PCIe x4 interface.

Paul