HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   CL vs US (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=58593)

Gator January 28th 04 06:04 PM

CL vs US

Curious..Some Compaqs carry the
"CL" suffix and others carry "US."
Anyone know the difference?
Thanks

HH January 28th 04 07:17 PM

"US" signifies a U.S. model, CA=Canada, EA=European market. Dunno about "CL"

HH

Pham January 28th 04 07:58 PM

Think the CL stands for "Club", as in Club membership merchants. I've only
seen the CL designation on the notebooks sold at Costco.

Trai' La Trash January 28th 04 09:31 PM

"Gator" wrote in message
Curious..Some Compaqs carry the
"CL" suffix and others carry "US."
Anyone know the difference?
Thanks

I have seen CL and NL and from what found from asking is that it came from
one of them wholsale outlets like Sams Club Costco and BJ's

Gator January 28th 04 09:48 PM

Thanks. I was looking at
one at Costco that's why
I needed to know. Regards

Deep January 29th 04 04:03 AM

That is correct. CL desginations are given to Club machines so that
companies like Best Buy won't have to do price matches on them. They could
be identical machines, but because the model number is different, no price
beat!

Deep