HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   USB version revisited (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=82911)

Ken Knecht March 10th 05 05:15 PM

USB version revisited

The Control Panel's Device Manager says the USB on my Compaq Presario
5000T is Intel 82801BA/BAM. I tried searching this with Google but can't
find the matching USB version number. I wish to purchase a USB flash
memory storage unit but need to know the USB version to be sure it's
supported.

Can anyone help, or give me a place to reasearch? I tried Intel.

TIA

--
Untie the two knots to email me

"Madness is not a consequence of uncertainty, but of certainty." Nietzche

PhenixSun March 11th 05 03:28 AM

Isnt 2.0 backwards compatible with 1.1? So it shouldnt matter which version
you buy, unless you want to save some money and buy an older 1.1-only stick
which might be cheaper.

Ben Myers March 11th 05 05:24 AM

The following URL tells you what is inside the system:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c00008661

In summary, the system is a Pentium III-class, so it's USB is only 1.1. There
are USB flash memory units which are USB 1.1 compatible, and some that aren't.
I have an older Sandisk USB flash reader/writer which handles compact flash
cards, and it works just fine with my older notebook computer... Ben Myers