HardwareBanter

-   -   Post a very good gaming machine for around $1500 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=55010)

Gizzo August 25th 04 02:07 PM

Post a very good gaming machine for around $1500

I'm looking to upgrade to a new system. I want the 6800 GT and 1GB ram of ram (but specify what kind would be good), so please go from there.

TIA,
Giz

wgd August 25th 04 09:50 PM

In article ,
says...
I'm looking to upgrade to a new system. I want the 6800 GT and 1GB
ram of ram (but specify what kind would be good), so please go from there.

Well the AMD Athlon 64 processors are great performers for gaming and
fairly cheap. Newegg has an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ for around $200. Couple
that with an Nforce 3 250 motherboard (MSI has a nice one) and you'll
have the basics for a great gaming system.