HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Linux and prolinea:impossible? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=58764)

Emmanuel April 18th 04 09:17 AM

Linux and prolinea:impossible?

I tried to boot on Freesco and knoppix floppies , but the system crashed.
Does it mean that prolinea and Linux aren't possible?
--
Emmanuel - http://ebgy.free.fr

Emmanuel April 18th 04 04:47 PM

which prolinea ?

I tried to boot on Freesco and knoppix floppies , but the system crashed.
Does it mean that prolinea and Linux aren't possible?

Prolinea 4/66

--
Emmanuel - http://ebgy.free.fr

NuT CrAcKeR April 18th 04 08:18 PM

if memory serves me correctly, that is an old EISA only system...

It might work, it might not. I have never tried it.

NuTs

which prolinea ?

Emmanuel April 18th 04 09:38 PM

What is strange is that I think I've tried successfully some months ago.
I've now added some Mo RAM , maybe it's the root of the problem.
The crash is after something like "VBS..."

if memory serves me correctly, that is an old EISA only system...

It might work, it might not. I have never tried it.

NuTs

which prolinea ?

Emmanuel April 19th 04 10:15 PM

if memory serves me correctly, that is an old EISA only system...

It might work, it might not. I have never tried it.

It does.
I've changes my memory config.
Was 4(mother board)+4+4+16Mo is now 4(mother board)+16Mo and it works
properly with freesco and drinou

--
Emmanuel - http://ebgy.free.fr