HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Computer Shutdown and Start itself!! (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=7214)

Jeremy Leung December 10th 04 06:37 AM

Computer Shutdown and Start itself!!

One day, my computer Start to shutdown and start itself in a random
time.
At first, i thought this is the problem of the PSU. So, i have changed
my PSU. But the problem still exist. So, anyone know what's the
problem? Motherboard?

Thanks

Quaoar December 10th 04 05:16 PM

Jeremy Leung wrote:
One day, my computer Start to shutdown and start itself in a random
time.
At first, i thought this is the problem of the PSU. So, i have changed
my PSU. But the problem still exist. So, anyone know what's the
problem? Motherboard?

Thanks

Always start by reviewing Event Viewer logs for repeated errors and
warnings for clues. Random shutdowns are typically traced to RAM errors
(get memtest86.exe to diagnose), HD errors (get the drive fitness
utility from the vendor's web site), or poor CPU cooling (verify that
fans work, get hmonitor.exe and install to monitor CPU temperature).